Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Behind the Beauty- My Top 5 Picks


The beauty of a final product is what's photographed, written about, and remembered. And while being perfectly made up is so much fun to do and a must for any kind of occasion, what you do behind the scenes is most important. How you treat the canvas is absolutely crucial and must be done with care. Any mistreatment beforehand is magnified when makeup is applied. Here are my behind the scenes beauty must-haves that I use everyday to keep myself looking my best!


Bubble Bath and Shower Gel
Bubble baths are my necessary extravagance! I use them to unwind from a stressful situation, relax tired muscles, undo headaches and get ready for dances and dates. Bubbles make me feel so girly, so my tub always has to at least an inch of foam! Miso Pretty Hot Sake Soak is my absolute favorite! The bubbles form quickly and last the whole time I'm in the tub. The light, sweet perfume of Sake and orchid gives a beautiful aura around the water, and leaves your skin smooth and delicately scented. The Miso Pretty Deep Sea Body Wash is the perfect companion to the bath soak! It lathers into a luxurious foam and leaves my skin so soft and smelling great! The way this dirt fighting duo is packaged is so adorable and every time one of the super cute Miso Pretty girls catches my eye, I know I need to have it! It's an absolute must for me!


Chapstick
Since I'm a perpetual lip-biter, I am constantly putting on chapstick multiple times a day. Chapstick also smooths out the wrinkles and little dry spots that creep up along the edges. One of my favorite chapsticks is Nivea Kiss of Moisture. It glides on like nothing I've ever put on and it's as smooth as 100% silk. It keeps my lips tangibly moisturized for hours and smells wonderfully delicate. My other favorite is Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. It's all natural ingredients keep my super sensitive lips from dialing 911! The mint smells gives me a little moment of stress relief and the little tingles is radiates makes my lips feel revitalized and fresh. I have one in every one of my purses and at least two in my room!


Lotion


Aveeno lotion is my daily must! I use it on my legs after shaving, on my elbows in winter, even on my face when it becomes too dry. It is so nourishing, and I can feel it's moisturizing powers the second after I apply it! Because it's fragrance free, I don't get headaches from too much perfume in the lotion, and it really does last for a full 24 hours! I love how Aveeno makes so many different sizes of lotion too! I keep a small bottle in my purse for my hands, a larger bottle in my travel bag, and a pump of it in my bathroom for everyday use!

Perfume
"A woman who doesn't wear perfume doesn't have a future." - Coco Chanel
I can never leave my house before squirting some DiorAddict Shine on! The scent is absolutely exquisite! It is so light that I can only smell it on myself if there's a breeze, which is great because a strong perfume gives me a non ending migraine! It also makes people lean in a little when we talk. I have made it my signature scent and my whole closet smells delicious! It's scented with notes of citrus cedrat, fruity raspberry, and floral gardenia and cedar wood.


Tea

Tea is my drink of choice. I drink multiple cups a day. Black tea, green tea, white tea- it's all delicious! Herbal tea is so good for the body too! It helps with your mood, headaches even stomach pains! I feel so refreshed and renewed after each cup! Black tea wakes me up in the morning and gets me ready for my day. Tea with extra honey is my favorite remedy when I'm sick, and on a super stressful day a cup of tea really helps me calm down. Herbal tea helps with your skin too since it flushes out your pores and the antioxidants in green tea do wonders too!
Beauty come from the inside, so treat it kindly!
--The Fashionista Photobooth

No comments:

Post a Comment